On this page :
We are active participants in public policy discussions on energy and the environment, and regularly communicate with governments in the jurisdictions where we operate.
As part of this communication, we are required to comply with all political contribution and lobbying regulations, and report government interactions consistent with the law and company policies.
We support governments taking a reasoned approach to policy development. We believe policy should be built on evidence-based information and perspectives.
Education and the development of clear solutions are critical in our interaction with government. These activities ultimately promote the responsible development of existing and new energy sources. By working to reduce the current level of polarization, we decrease the probability for ad hoc or reactive policy development.
Relevant topics in our communication with governments include:
- encouraging a healthy debate about energy solutions
- understanding the role of advancements in research and innovation
- considering the cost and benefit of energy development and distribution
- meeting demand for skilled labour by matching skill development with job requirements
- encouraging Aboriginal economic collaboration and capacity building
- developing vibrant, sustainable communities
- supporting Canada’s long-term prosperity
The following is a snapshot of some of our thoughts and opinions.