Our sustainability goals
We aim to reduce total emissions intensity of the production of our oil and petroleum products by 30% by 2030.
- Implementing and improving energy efficiency
- Developing and deploying new technologies
- Investing in low-carbon power
- Moving to low-carbon fuels
Strengthening our relationships with Indigenous Peoples and communities across Canada.
- Strengthening relationships
- Partnering with Indigenous youth
- Partnering with Indigenous businesses and communities
- Improving Indigenous workforce development
Approximately 92% of the water used by our Base Plant mining and extraction operations in 2019 was recycled tailings water.
Supply chain impact
Suncor spent $9.9 billion in 2019 with our supplier base, including Indigenous businesses.
Technology and innovation
Suncor invested approximately $830 million in 2019 in technology development and deployment and digital technologies to optimize current assets and develop next generation facilities.
Our approach to sustainability
“We have more than 20 years of sustainability reporting, demonstrating our commitment to improve social systems, generate economic value and improve our environmental performance.”
Martha Hall Findlay
chief sustainability officer